Monday, February 12, 2007

A long awaited update

So here I am doing the typing thing again. And all within less than 6 months of the last post woo -hoo! Baby steps.

I have wanted to post more on here, but have always found an excuse not to, strange I know. Maybe it is a bit of laziness so I am going to really make an attempt to write more, not like it's a chore, but because I like to. It's always nice to get some things out, feelings, present issues, and memories, whatever.
I have a few close friends who blog on here. I have become quite repetitive of my net usage as of late, checking to see if any of them have written anything lately on a regular basis.

Sometimes it just doesn't seem to like anything is "blog worthy" but in reality, everything is.
So here goes....I'm going to try to recap my past 6 months while holding the fast forward button and pausing in a few moments to recap.

OK, so my post this summer was from Gili Trawangan, Indonesia. I was there for 6 weeks diving and completing my dive master certification, check, finished it. Had an amazing time to say the least. Met some proper stand up friends whom I hope to stay in contact with and hopefully meet again one day soon. Probably one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life. I will never forget it. I could really go on and on about this summer.

K, next......went back to Taiwan, taught for a few more months at a new school teaching kindy kids in the morn and then I was 1 of 3 ESL teachers for the afternoons at a school called Wagor. It was tough leaving Wagor, awesome co-workers, great school, fantastic kids.

Last year, after I came back to Taiwan after going home for Christmas, I began to train for a half marathon in Taiwan. Well I completed it! 99 minutes for my first one, I love the sport and everything associated with it. After the race L, Ang, the Shelbdog and I toured around Takoro Gorge, which is one of the main attraction in Taiwan, which is absolutely breathtaking.

The week before was a different story though. In short, wasn't going out for the Halloween bash, ended up going out, I dressed up as Richard Simmons, was fine at the party, had a few drinky poos...........but as soon as L and I hit the elevator to go home, well.....I don't remember the rest of the night. From L's testimonial, the rest of the night was ugggggly. Oh and how could this get any better you ask? Well what a treat I had waiting for me the next morning...... I had to wake up early the next morning to go for a run with Ang's dad who was visiting from Canada, whom I'd promised that I'd go running with that morning for a week, at 8 I think or was it 9, god I don't remember. Anyways he was buzzing our apartment right on time, I was still completely whacked, and L was furiously trying to get me out the door. Anyways I made it downstairs somehow, met up with the Shelbdog and off we went, I was wearing blue-blockers by the way to hide my eyes which I think were swollen shut, I felt like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. K, so we made 2 laps around the park off Wen-shin near the TIGER sports complex, and I told the Shelbdog that I needed to stretch out and walk a bit. So I proceeded to find a shaded area and started to stretch. An hour later I woke up! About a minute later, L and the Shelbdog were walking around looking for me hahaaha. I was like whaaaat I was stretching!!! I guess the Shelbdog went back to the apartment to see if I had gone back there, L knew something was up so she old him the story of what occurred the previous night and came looking for my carcass. Let's just say I will never hear the end of it!
Oh and I ran another 10-k race about 2 weeks later, sober.

K, hmmmm next nothing really too much except for the fact that I finally packed my bags, said my good-byes and left the place I had come accustomed to calling HOME, and left back for Canada and a new chapter in this story. Was home for a few weeks, which was good, then I was off again to Kamloops, where I am now. Landed on my feet, I am here going to school, liking the program, and doing my thing. I got a job here at a running store yay! Joined the run club, and got a running coach. That was my priority other than the school bit. I was starting to get into the running scene in Taiwan, and wanted to continue it here. Surrounding myself with people with similar likes. So all is well here. My life is school, work, and running. Simple, yet it's what I wanted.
STOP.

Update complete.
I hope that I covered it all, I mean I could go into so much detail of everything, but hey, baby steps here, baby steps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite satisfied with this update, I am :) even though I was there for most of it ;)

xoxo