Thursday, May 25, 2006

Random Thoughts

I was browsing through my pics today and I found an old folder. It was from when I was back in Canada. Reminded me of all the people I left when I came to Taiwan. Sometimes I feel like I've been a bad friend because I haven't tried harder to keep in touch. I mean the phone is always there, the emails are easy, and yet I just don't feel like I have the time.

I feel so out of touch with everyone from back home sometimes. I call home and have the feeling of an outsider, on different wave lengths. Even to my own family. I just really feel like I have found out who I really am as a person. When I was back home I was always trying to find the time to try different things, like yoga, or just something random off the broken record. Here in Taiwan, I have the freedom to do anything I want to, I love it.

And when I do talk to my friends back home, the feeling I get is that of someone who did something bad and avoided others and is now trying to get back in touch and reconcile. I dunno why. I left Canada with perfectly good relationships with no bad blood with anyone. Then again, maybe I am just thinking too much. I guess everyone is doing their own things. It was just so much easier when I was younger with less hassle, less drama, just kids being kids, run run run eat eat eat sleep sleep sleep, repeat.

I do miss people, I am just happy at where I am. I think if I had to pick just one person that I missed most, it would have to be my little bro Johnny. Johnny is a big time up and coming hockey superstar. He was drafted by the Colorado Avalanche of the NHL, and has been in the minors for the past 2 years gaining invaluable experience before making the jump to the big show. I admire him for all his efforts and sacrifices. He is a great hockey player and my best friend. In the summers is when I got a chance to hang with my little bro. We would literally be together everyday. We did everything together and sometimes I miss that. I am really happy for him and just can't wait to see him. This pic is from Stampede a few years back, what a gong show. My older bro Sam was so wasted that he took the Queen of the Stampede home, thanks to Johnny, dirtiest player in the game. haha.

Just a random though for today.
I always have these casual conversations in my head, and how I would share them. I find that when I am running on the treadmill is when I daydream the most. Random ideas, like how I could possibly work for Tiesto. Or how I would open up my own tea shop back home. Or, coming up with ideas to make millions. I wish I could capture all my thoughts. As soon as I step off the treadmill, it is as if I had been unknowingly beamed to another time and universe. When I come back down, I am back to reality. Cwazy. That's all for now... Stay tuned in next time for....I dunno trying to be witty, no dice. I got nothing STOP

4 comments:

Ang said...

Fuck buddy, your writing never ceases to impress me!!

I hear what you are saying about the disconnect from people at home; try being away for 6 years. I think you are right about it not being about annomisty of hard feeling, but about everyone moving on in their life paths. The paths just happen to be going in different directions. Maybe they will cross again later, maybe not...It can be sad, but think of all the amazing people you have experienced because of your path!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm sure as fuck glad that you guys left home and travelled in the first place....knowing you all has certainly enriched my experience of life, and as much as I miss the folks from back home, I know that meeting new people from new places forces me to question myself, and learn new stuff ALL OF THE TIME... Don't over-read phone communication with people back home, cause there's a tendency to guilt-out and in over analysing come up with all sorts of crazy conclusions, which might not actually even be there in the first place.

And.... thanks for encouraging me to jump further into exploring yoga too. It's awesome to hang out and get sweaty with you stars.

Dave, can I quote some of what you've written about yoga in this Compass piece I'm writing? I'm looking to give a newby perspective, someone who might not have considered yoga before - YOU! - but now fully is. It'll just be a couple of sentences and I'll let you edit it before I send it off....whaddaya think?

Have a great week -

Linds x

D said...

A newby ha!!
I am a guru!! Ya go ahead I'll play along with the whole newby thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm calling you Dave 'Newby' Boychuck, just so that there's no miscommunication that you're new to this whole ancient 3000 year old tradition. Yeah? Yeah....